The Donell Teaff Scholarship
- The Donell Teaff Scholarship is funded by contributions received from membership dues, personal and corporate donations.
- The AFCWA Board of Directors determines the number and amount of scholarship awards annually.
- Must be a spouse of an American Football Coaches Association member.
- Applicant must be a member of the AFCWA (Sign-up or renew membership at AFCWA.org. Fiscal year runs August 1 - July 31).
- Must have a 2.8 GPA or better.
- Must complete the scholarship application and submit by DECEMBER 10, 2022.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a professor, co-worker or friend. The recommendation may not be from a relative. This letter should include the nature and length of their relationship to the applicant and provide information about the applicant's character. Please also include contact information for the person providing the letter.
- Submit an unofficial transcript
Questions? Contact AFCWA's scholarship chair at AFCWAscholarship@gmail.com
Scholarship award checks are distributed to the recipient's college/university during the spring or fall of their award year. The award recipient must notify the AFCWA Scholarship Chairperson within 90 days of award notification with proof of her enrollment. The proof of enrollment may be an official letter or copy of her class schedule. It must include the student's name and identification number as well as the mailing address to send the award check.
If award recipient is not enrolling/taking classes until the fall, the recipient must notify the AFCWA Scholarship Chairperson by October 1st with proof of her enrollment. The proof of enrollment may be an official letter or copy of her class schedule. It must include the student's name and identification number as well as the mailing address to send the award check.
In the event a recipient doesn't meet the deadlines as indicated, the award will revert back to the AFCWA Scholarship Fund. Any money sent to a college/university on behalf of a recipient but is not used by the recipient must be returned to the AFCWA. ALL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS ARE FOR TUITION, FEES, OR BOOKS USE ONLY.
The AFCWA board will review and vote on scholarship recipients before Convention in January. Winner(s)will be announced during the AFCWA breakfast/luncheon (recipient does not need to be present to receive award).